Accessibility is something that sadly often gets ignored by developers, myself included, and in an attempt to increase my knowledge in this field I asked on Twitter if people could suggest some sites with good accessibility articles and information. I received a number of replies, but Jennifer Sutton emailed me a long list of excellent resources, most of which I am sharing here, with her permission.
The timing of this post is deliberate, as is Global Accessibility Awareness Day.
- 7 Things Every Designer Needs to Know about Accessibility (Jesse Hausler)
- An Alphabet of Accessibility Issues (Anne Gibson)
- Introduction: accessibility for web writers, part 1 (4 Syllables)
- Karl Groves
- Marco Zehe
- Web Axe (Dennis Lembree and Ross Johnson)
- 456 Berea Street (Roger Johansson)
- Adrian Roselli
- Lireo Design :: Accessibility (Deborah Edwards-Onoro)
- WAI-ARIA – An introduction to Accessible Rich Internet Applications (Patrick Lauke)
- ARIA, accessibility APIs & coding like you give a damn! (Léonie Watson)
- Extended rock n’ roll guide to HTML5 & ARIA (Léonie Watson)